viernes, 20 de enero de 2012

Post Number 8 The Strength of Wheels

The pollution on Santiago is a usual topic, especially on winter when the weather doesn’t contributes to improves the situation. Because of that since I was little I had a special attention to take care of the Air, If I watch a Bus that expelled too much gray fume the little me got angry. So with all these things in my mind I stared to prefer walking and biking rather than go there in cars or public transport. Therefore the night before I schedule my day to make them efficient, If the trip isn’t too far I go walking.

Also this year I slowly stared to lose the fear to the street riding my bike to get into places. Is really hard to do it, especially if you are distracted like me, when you are riding a bike you must have eyes in your back and also ninja reflex, car drivers are crazy and don’t respect the helpless bike driver thence that for many year I was a sidewalk bike rider, pitifully.

About that, bike path in Chile are way too far to be good, but at least are acceptable, even though in some places get confusing and get mixed with the sidewalk making the pedestrians angry.

Well there is not a bike culture in Chile, not yet, but there were huge improvements  last years still a large path to continue.

I leave this link where you can check the bike path on Santiago there is not a lot of them but it helps, also this web site where you can make a route choosing between the safest route and the faster route.

Saludos!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario